Illinois State Board of Education requires OTHS to administer certain assessments to all students as part of the required accountability testing for public school students. Your partnership in this endeavor increases the success of the experience and is greatly appreciated.
ISBE has adopted the following changes for 2021 state assessments:
- ISBE is omitting the essay portion of the SAT.
- ISBE is eliminating the PSAT 9 and PSAT 10 for spring 2021. Freshmen and sophomores will not test.
- Seniors are exempt from the SAT graduation requirement. All current 12th grade students will be eligible for graduation regardless of whether they have taken the school-administered SAT.
Based on these changes, below is the testing schedule for the second week of April.
Tuesday, April 13
- SAT - All Juniors (remote and in-person) @ Smiley Campus (Sophomore and Seniors will not report.)
- Milburn Campus - Normal Blended Learning schedule. Testing will not impact the Milburn Campus
Please note the following:
- The SAT for juniors is a graduation requirement.
- Please do not schedule any appointments on the day of testing.
- Students are automatically registered through OTHS for the test. There is no fee for the test.
- The SAT is an official test and will be scored by College Board. The SAT scores can be reported to colleges/universities.
- Test Start/End Times –
- SAT (Juniors) – Testing will begin promptly at 8:00 am and will end at approximately 11:45-12:00 pm.
- Busses will run for both campuses at normal scheduled times. i.e. Smiley campus busses will leave Smiley Campus at 12:35.
- Tuesday, April 13 will be a normal blended learning day at Milburn with normal schedule.
- Sophomore students and seniors will not report to school or log in to classes on Tuesday, April 13.
- Seniors – If you would like to take the SAT, please contact Gayle Appel – email@example.com immediately. OTHS will not plan for any senior to test, however, will certainly accommodate any senior who may wish to take the SAT.
- Juniors – OTHS will plan for all juniors (remote and in-person) to test. Room assignments and more testing information will be communicated to all juniors, both remote and in-person, in the next few weeks. The number of students assigned per room will be reduced to permit social distancing.