Welcome to OTHS Bass Fishing Club 2020 Spring Semester!
Students have to be academically eligible to participate in extracurricular activities.
Next field trip is on Saturday, February 8th, at Southern Illinois Boat and Fishing Show, from 8am to 2pm, location is Marion, Illinois. School transportation meets at Smiley main campus doors at 8am and returns at 2pm. Please email to reserve your seat, dress for the weather, bring money for lunch, snack and retail purchases. You can bring your own snack, drinks and home lunch.
***Paper copy of club membership form, parent permission slips and meeting notes available outside room 904 at Smiley Campus. ***
Alex Sutton - Freshmen, Chase Little - Sophomore and Coach Joel Regnery received 2nd place!3.98 Bag
At the 1st Annual Trojan Open M-F High School Bass Tournament, this past Saturday, October 12, 2019, at Lake Shelbyville!Here are the final standings from the 1st Annual Trojan Open on Lake Shelbyville, October 12, 2019. We had 14 boats (from 11 different schools) and 12 fish weighed for a total of 23.34 pounds. The weather brought the first cold front of the fall with morning lows around 34 degrees and afternoon highs around 57 with sunshine and gusty winds.
Freshmen can take the activity bus from Milburn to Smiley main campus.
All field trip school transportation meets at Smiley Main campus front doors!
"The purpose of the Bass Fishing Club is to build character through team work that improves anglers while having fun."
Mission Statement - The purpose of the Bass Fishing Club at O’Fallon Township High School is to promote bass fishing within the high school and throughout the community of O’Fallon. The club will have monthly meetings, club outings, and the possibility of making the IHSA state tournament in May, at Carlyle Lake. This club will teach the members more about the sport of bass fishing both recreationally and competitively. Overall, this club is meant for students to enjoy the sport of bass fishing and represent the high school and community of O’Fallon throughout the state of Illinois.
As we get comfortable and casual with one another in our meetings and field trips we need to keep in mind!
POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Safety First !!!!! Discipline will be handle through OTHS Student Handbook.
- Be considerate of fellow anglers.
- Horseplay and inappropriate conversation will not be tolerated.
- Be respectful of sponsors, presenters, boats and all fishing equipment.
- When snacks and drinks are provided. Please clean up after yourselves!
- What brings us all together is team comradery, sportsmanship and the love of FISHING.
- Transportation and sponsor's ***volunteer time*** is a premium, please reserve your seat and follow through with your commitment to be present. Sponsors understand if issues arise, text, email or call if you are unable to attend as soon as possible. Failure to comply will barr you from the next two consecutive outings!
Club Sponsor Mr. Bartlett
Faculty Volunteer Mr. Feldmann
Boat Sponsor Mr. Gass
Boat Sponsor Mr. Huch
Boat Sponsor Mr. Perun
Boat Sponsor Mr. Regnery
Boat Sponsor Mr. Wunder
Boat Sponsor Mr. Skittino
Boat Sponsor Mr. Voelkerding
Boat Sponsor Mr. Stewart