Welcome to OTHS Bass Fishing Club 2021!
This club has existed since the fall of 2012.
Students have to be academically eligible to participate in extracurricular activities.
***Paper copy of club membership form, parent permission slips and meeting notes available outside room 904 at Smiley Campus. ***
Freshmen can take the activity bus from Milburn to Smiley main campus.
All field trip school transportation meets at Smiley Main campus front doors!
"The purpose of the Bass Fishing Club is to build character through team work that improves anglers while having fun."
Mission Statement - The purpose of the Bass Fishing Club at O’Fallon Township High School is to promote bass fishing within the high school and throughout the community of O’Fallon. The club will have monthly meetings, club outings, and the possibility of making the IHSA state tournament in May, at Carlyle Lake. This club will teach the members more about the sport of bass fishing both recreationally and competitively. Overall, this club is meant for students to enjoy the sport of bass fishing and represent the high school and community of O’Fallon throughout the state of Illinois.
As we get comfortable and casual with one another in our meetings and field trips we need to keep in mind!
POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Safety First !!!!! Discipline will be handle through OTHS Student Handbook.
- Catch and Release, back into water, all fish caught!
- Be considerate of fellow anglers.
- Horseplay and inappropriate conversation will not be tolerated.
- Be respectful of sponsors, presenters, boats and all fishing equipment.
- When snacks and drinks are provided. Please clean up after yourselves!
- What brings us all together is team comradery, sportsmanship and the love of FISHING.
- Transportation and sponsor's ***volunteer time*** is a premium, please reserve your seat and follow through with your commitment to be present. Sponsors understand if issues arise, text, email or call if you are unable to attend as soon as possible. Failure to comply will barr you from the next two consecutive outings!
Club Sponsor Mr. Bartlett
Faculty Volunteer Mr. Feldmann
Boat Sponsor Mr. Huch