Club Membership Form
Bass Fishing Club membership form.
Parent Consent and Waiver form Page 1
BFC Parent consent and waiver form page 1
Parent Consent and Waiver form Page 2
BFC Parent and consent form page 2
Welcome to OTHS Bass Fishing Club Spring of 2023
For meetings and activities please check back here or your student email!
This club has existed since the fall of 2012!
Students have to be academically eligible to participate in this extracurricular activity.
Please make sure to have your OTHS BFC club membership and parent permission form completed and signed. OTHS BFC membership dues need to be paid before attending any activity!
***Please have a fishing license if you are over the age of 16. Have a hat, polarized sunglasses, neck gaiter, bug spray, sunscreen, bottled water, snacks. Take fishing poles and tackle with you. Check the weather and dress appropriately. You will need a fishing life vest *PFD too.***
All meetings and activities are masks optional, social distancing is still encouraged.
Freshmen can take the activity bus from Milburn to Smiley main campus.
All school field trip transportation leaves from/returns to Smiley's main campus front doors!
"The purpose of the Bass Fishing Club is to build character through team work that improves anglers while having fun."
Mission Statement - The purpose of the Bass Fishing Club at O’Fallon Township High School is to promote bass fishing within the high school and throughout the community of O’Fallon. The club will have monthly meetings, club outings, and the possibility of making the IHSA state tournament in May, at Carlyle Lake. This club will teach the members more about the sport of bass fishing both recreationally and competitively. Overall, this club is meant for students to enjoy the sport of bass fishing and represent the high school and community of O’Fallon throughout the state of Illinois.
As we get comfortable and casual with one another in our meetings and field trips, we need to keep in mind these points.
POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Safety First !!!!! Discipline will be handled through OTHS Student Handbook.
- Catch and Release, gently back into water, all fish caught!
- Be considerate of fellow anglers.
- Horseplay and inappropriate conversation will not be tolerated.
-Any infractions will not allow you to the next two club activites or events.
- Be respectful of sponsors, presenters, boats and all fishing equipment.
- When snacks and drinks are provided. Please clean up after yourselves!
- What brings us all together is team camaraderie, sportsmanship and the love of FISHING.
- Transportation and sponsor's ***volunteer time*** is a premium, please reserve your seat and follow through with your commitment to be present. Sponsors understand if issues arise, text, email or call if you are unable to attend as soon as possible. Failure to comply will bar you from the next two consecutive outings!
OTHS affiliated staff Club Sponsor Mr. Bartlett
OTHS affiliated faculty volunteer Mr. Feldmann
OTHS non-affiliated, school board approved, boat sponsor or parent sponsors. Mr. Huch, Mr. Klover, Mr. Wallace, Mr. Hopper