Welcome to OTHS - Important Information
OTHS Students, Parents, and Guardians:
Welcome to OTHS! I hope you enjoyed the summer break and are ready for a great 2023-2024 school year. This email contains important information and links for your reference as we partner together to maximize opportunities for all OTHS students.
If a student is not yet registered, please complete online registration today to avoid further delay to the student's start of school. Please visit the OTHS Registration Page (https://www.oths.us/site/Default.aspx?PageID=155) if you need additional information.
To help our students and families stay informed, the OTHS website (https://www.oths.us/) will always have information and announcements about events and happenings at school. In addition, the district website has information about the various departments at OTHS, transportation, food service, health services, extracurricular activities, and resources to assist students and families. You can also follow OTHS on both Facebook and Twitter.
Facebook: OTHS – O’Fallon Township High School District 203 (@OTHSDistrict203)
Twitter: OTHS District 203 (@OTHSDistrict203)
ONLINE MONITORING OF STUDENT PROGRESS
Parents and guardians are able to monitor a student’s academic progress through our Skyward portal (https://skyward.oths.k12.il.us/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wsEAplus/seplog01.w). If you need assistance logging into the system, please contact our technology department at ComputerDepartment@oths.us or (618) 632-3507 x5390 for assistance. It is important to recognize that the involvement of parents/guardians in their student's journey through high school is an important factor in the student's achievement of successful outcomes.
OTHS continues its efforts on school safety. We have been diligent in updating and addressing safety practices to be proactive in our approach to preparedness. In addition, we have made renovations to the physical school buildings and have increased security staff in an effort to improve school safety. The safety of those in our care is the top priority for OTHS. Your partnership is vital to our efforts. If you see something, say something. If you hear something, say something. Please contact an administrator immediately or any member of the OTHS security team if you see something that is unusual or if you hear of anything that creates a safety concern.
All school lunch lines will be open this school year. School lunches are available to students for $3.15. Reduced or free student lunches are available for those who qualify. Breakfast and lunch menus can be found at: Nutrislice | O'Fallon Township HSD.
IMPORTANT RESOURCES AND LINKS
- Student Handbook: https://www.oths.us/domain/9144
- Bus information: https://www.oths.us/domain/34
- Board Policies: https://www.oths.us/Page/61
- Board Meeting and Committee Meeting Agendas/Minutes: https://go.boarddocs.com/il/oths/Board.nsf/Public
- Resource Guide for Faith's Law: https://www.isbe.net/Documents/Faiths-Law-Resource-Guide.pdf
- Notice Regarding Student Records: Student Records Notice
Again, we look forward to partnering with you to ensure each student has every opportunity to reach his/her highest potential in academic achievement and in personal development. Together, we share in the responsibility for his/her success. We are fortunate to live in a community that values and encourages education, where families are invested in their students. We all must continue to do our very best to guide, support, encourage, and inspire students as they continue their journey toward adulthood. In the educational partnership, your parental influence and involvement are very important, especially during the high school years, and we are grateful for the family support we receive. We ask for your continued involvement in your student’s efforts to reach excellence in academic achievement and personal growth by encouraging your student:
- to attend school daily and arrive on time, ready for the day’s educational experiences
- to complete all homework and study assignments, and to participate in classroom discussions
- to get involved in extracurricular opportunities and to be a part of the OTHS community
- to share school and life experiences with you so that you are aware of any challenges that may arise
- to inform you, a teacher, or administrator if he/she needs additional support in any area or in any academic subject
- to inform an adult if he/she has any concerns regarding school safety --- SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING
Finally, we ask that you please keep your contact information current in our system. If you have a change of address or phone number, please contact the attendance office to update your information as soon as possible.
I am excited for the 2023-2024 school year and am honored to have the privilege of being a part of the excellence in education provided to OTHS students.
Have a great year!
Dr. Darcy G. Benway, OTHS Superintendent