Milburn Early Release Information
ATTENTION: Milburn Students, Parents, and Guardians:
The District will be implementing an early release schedule only at the Milburn Campus next week (8/21 – 8/25) due to the predicted warm temperatures and the inefficiency of the failing HVAC units over the classroom wings on that campus. New HVAC units were scheduled to be installed over the summer, but a delay by the manufacturer has resulted in the units not being available until later this fall.
The Milburn Campus schedule will be as follows for the week of August 21st – August 25th:
|MILBURN CAMPUS ONLY|
|1st Hour||7:30 am - 8:05 am|
|2nd Hour||8:10 am - 8:45 am|
|3rd Hour||8:50 am - 9:25 am|
|4th Hour||9:30 am - 10:05 am|
|5th Hour||10:10 am - 10:45 am|
|6th Hour||10:50 am - 11:25 am|
|7th Hour||11:30 am - 12:05 pm|
OTHER INFORMATION REGARDING THE EARLY RELEASE
- Transportation will be provided. Buses will transport students home from school at 12:05 pm, the conclusion of 7th hour.
- Lunch will not be served at Milburn during the shortened schedule. Students will report to advisory for their full lunch/advisory hour. Students who qualify for free or reduced lunch may pick up a sack lunch on their way to the bus.
- Milburn teachers will be available for questions and clarification on lessons/instruction from 12:35 through the end of the Milburn school day. All Milburn teachers will provide their students with contact information for such communications. Students are encouraged to reach out to their teachers if they need any assistance given the shortened school day.
- The Milburn Offices will remain open for business should you need assistance, as the HVAC systems are working in the office area.
- Late next week we will reevaluate whether to resume the normal school day schedule the following week. We realize that when we resume the normal schedule there will be some warmer than desired days that we may have to endure to get through this fall. Hopefully, those days will be few in number, and we will have an early onset of cooler weather. The last information we have from the manufacturer is that the HVAC units will be shipped on August 25th and September 12th. Installation of the new HVAC will likely occur over a scheduled break as rooftop units cannot be installed when the building is occupied. I will provide future updates as they become available.
We realize that the early release is inconvenient and will present challenges for extracurricular activities and practices that occur after school. Coaches and sponsors will provide direction regarding any after school contact. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have questions or concerns. I can be reached at email@example.com or 618-632-3507 x5220.
Thank you for your understanding as we are dealing with this challenge.
Dr. Darcy G. Benway, Superintendent