Skip To Main Content

Work Permits

To protect the safety of Illinois teenagers, and place a priority on their education, minors age 14 or 15 may work, but not without obtaining an Employment Certificate (820 ILCS 205/9-12) from their local high school or school administration office.

You must provide the following:

  1. A Completed Application for a Work Permit (with necessary Documents)

  2. A Completed Letter of Employment
  3. Principal Statement to Issuing Officer
  4. Copy of parent’s driver’s license
  5. Student must have at least a 2.0 GPA

Work Permit OTHS Contact

Karen Hayes

Karen Hayes

Titles: Executive Assistant to the Superintendent, Board Clerk/HR Assistant
Phone Numbers:
School: 618-632-3507 ext. 5660